tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 29 04:01:16 2000

Re: [KLBC] [The Raven] Part 4 Some mistakes

qon Edgar Allan Poe:
>filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before.

mugh Tremal-Naik:
>mughIjbogh vay''e' vIHotbe'pu'bogh muteb
>
>What do you think about this? I don't know if it's canon using a
>relative clause as object of another relative clause, but it sound good
>to me...

I'm not sure I understand the syntax of your sentence. What roll does
{vay''e'} play in the sentence? Is it the object? If so, it's not
correct because the prefix {mu-} already implies an object: {jIH}. Is it
the subject? If so, it belongs at the end of the sentence -- after
{muteb} (remember Klingon sentence order).

Since I don't know its place in the sentence, I'll focus on analyzing
{mughIjbogh vay''e' vIHotbe'pu'bogh} in isolation for now. It's
certainly creative, and I doubt we have any canon to support or disallow
it. I like it. Now just put it in the right place. :-)

                                            DujHoD

Back to archive top level