tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 24 09:16:47 2000

[KLBC] RE: Klingon Academy

> I received this email the other day.  I don't play many of these online
> games, but maybe some of you out there do and are interested.  If so,
> please *strongly* consider writing a review of the game for an upcoming
> Qo'noS QonoS, (our monthly all-Klingon journal).
>
> ~mark

Actually it was for the very purpose of writing a review
that I had previously asked what's the best way to render
"Every Star Trek fan dreams of commanding his/her own
starship."  It was going to be the opening line. {{=)

Since I didn't get a reply from pagh yet, I'll ask again:
Is /DujDaj ra' 'e' tul Hoch <<Hov leng>> tIvwI'/ good?
I don't know how to get across the feeling of "his *own*
starship" as opposed to just "his starship".

Another KLBC question: How would I say "exam" in Klingon?
This is one of those verb vs. noun thingies that I can't
seem to get... I've got /vItoblu'qu'/ for "I'm being
tested (emphatic)", does that come across as meaning I'm
writing an exam?

Also, how would I talk about "graduating/graduation, etc."?
I've tried /cho'/ but couldn't come up with a way of
making it clear.

qaStaHvIS Hoghvam cha'logh vItoblu'qu'.  jIHvaD "Qapla'"
yIjach!
I have two exams this week.  Wish me success.

--
De'vID [who should really be studying instead of
surfing...]

Beam to http://www.StarTrek.com
The official site of the Star Trek universe

Back to archive top level