tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 20 14:38:22 2000

Re: help me explain

jatlh malqa:
>We all know
>about Paramount Hol vs tlhIngan Hol. There are specific rules for tlhIngan
>Hol. You have followed the rule with your name as I was explained in
>answer to my post. We know that K'.... is incorrect because it is 2
>consenents but you don't write your name that way. B'Etor is incorrect
>according to tlhIngan Hol it should be be'etor.

cha' "consonant"mey "be consecutive" ghaj "K'mpec" "B'Etor" je 'e'
'oHbe' qay'wI''a'. tlhIngan Hol mu' 'ay' bIHbe' "K" "c" "B" "E" je 'e'
'oH qay'wI''a'. tlhIngan Hol 'oHbe'ba' "B'Etor". Qoch pagh. 'ach pongvam
lulo'lu'chugh, ghaytan tlhIngan Hol SaHbe' lo'wI'.

The main problem is not that "K'mpec" and "B'Etor" have two consecutive
consonants. The main problem is that "K," "c," "B," and "E" are not
tlhIngan Hol letters. These names are obviously not tlhIngan Hol. That
fact is not disputed. But if one uses these names, one probably doesn't
care about tlhIngan Hol.

                                        DujHoD

Back to archive top level