tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 19 06:55:51 2000

Re: help me explain

>From: [email protected]
>To: [email protected]
>Subject: Re: help me explain
>Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 22:44:36 +0200
>
>malqa wrote:
>
> > I'm still very much a newbie and I"m trying to explain to others
> > why it is incorrect in *tlhIngan Hol* to write their name with
> > the format of *any consenent + ' * such as K'.......,etc .And that
> > B'Elanna is actually incorrect , it would be written correctly in
>tlhIngan
> > Hol as be'elanna (unless I myself goofed up repeating what I was told
>here
> > previously). Please help me with the grammer rule of *'* in names
> > especially at the beginning of the name. I've noticed that many members
> > of Klingon clubs use this format ,but isn't it incorrect ?I'm confused .
> > I hope that someone understand what I'm trying to say.
> >

>I for myself always look at it in the way that there are other Klingon
>dialects such names come from...
>
>JaHin'Ta

If you look at TKD you will see at the end of section five a section
on <tlhIngan Hol> names. one column contians 'Federizationized' names
while the other contains the <tlhIngan Hol> version of the name. It
should be correct to refer to the B'elanna spelling while writing
in english, while only the <be'lanna> spelling while writing in
<tlhIngan Hol>.

-Hergh Suy