tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 19 11:20:32 2000

RE: KLBC: Hov Ha'DIbaH je lut

jatlh Eodrakken:

>>> HovDaq leghnIS qatlh 'oH chaw'be' Qunpu' 'e' SIv.
>>> yInchugh Qunpu'!  mobtaH 'e' Qub.

jIjatlh:
>> As charghwI' has said, <SIv> doesn't work this way.
>> You'll have to rephrase this to make sense out of it.

> HovDaq leghtaHvIS luchoHlaHbe' Qunpu' 'e' QublaH 'ej
> meq lughaj chaH 'e' SIvlaH.

> Good grief, I'm stupid.  I meant to type QubtaH and SIvtaH.
> ::shakes head::

You also meant <luchoHbe'taH>, I think. Instead of <HovDaq leghtaHvIS>,
which doesn't really work, try <Hov bejtaHvIS>.

The rest is good. You might want to add an extra pronoun somewhere in the
beginning for clarity. How about:

Hov bejtaHvIS, 'oH luchoHlaHbe' Qunpu' . . .

> =While he was looking at the star, he was thinking
> that the gods did not change it, and wondering
> whether they had a reason.

> How's that?

maj.

pagh