tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 18 19:44:42 2000

[KLBC] RE: nuqDaq So'taH qoloth?

> > I'm trying to say "Help me find Koloth"
> > My first stab at it was
> >
> >      qoloth So'Ha'ghach So'be'meH HIQaH
> >
> > which is literally "Help me in order to reveal Koloth's
> > lacation." Is this grammatically correct? Is there an
> > easier way to say this?
>
> Since nobody else has answered you yet, I'll help out.

And since this is probably a KLBC message, I've tacked that
onto the subject.

> find = Sam
> and you already have QaH = help

What's the difference between /nej/ and /Sam/?  /nej/ is
the process of looking for something, while /Sam/ means
that your /nej/ing was successful, qar'a'?

Would there be a difference in meaning between the
following?

1) qolotlh vISammeH HIQaH
2) qolotlh vInejmeH HIQaH

--
De'vID

Beam to http://www.StarTrek.com
The official site of the Star Trek universe

Back to archive top level