tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 10 16:32:23 2000

RE: KLBC Questions One

jatlh Rohn A.:

> I am trying to come up with a tlhIngan mu' for
> strength (strong one) and to swear, to bind
> oneself by an oath. I came up with:

> HoSegh 'IpwIj

> is this ok? If there is a noun form for these
> ideas please post it.

I'm really not sure what you're going for here. You're asking about two
words - "strength" and "swear" - but I don't see anything about what you
want to do with them. You've probably found the right words in <HoS> and
<'Ip>, but I don't see what you're trying to express, so I can't help you
put them together. Post again with the idea you're trying to express and I
will help.

> Could the word HoSghajwI' mean one who is powerful
> i.e. mighty?

That's exactly what it means.

> If yes then would HoSghajwI''a' mean almighty?

This would be something like "the great powerful one"; one who is very
powerful even among the powerful. It is *not* specific enough to mean
"almighty" if you're using "almighty" to describe God, as I suspect you are.
For that, you're going to need more than just a single word.

> How do I convey the meaning of "in the beginning"
> as in some time before everything?

<taghpa' Hoch> would work, I think. In this context, <taghpa' 'u'> might be
better.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ