tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 29 12:52:27 1999

Re: KLBC: Undoubtedly continue to..

ja' charghwI':
> But what about:
>
> Qe'Daq Qanqor vIlegh.

(qachDaq, in the following)

> If we go by the advice given us so far, I am in the bar and I'm
> seeing Krankor, who may be in the bar or not. There's no
> reference to Krankor's location. The locative points to where
> the action happens and in order for the action of seeing to
> happen in the bar, I have to be in the bar if I'm the one doing
> the seeing.
>
> Otherwise, I have to say:
>
> qachDaq tlhutlh Qanqor 'e' vIlegh.

or, if you can't specify exactly what he was doing,

qachDaq SaHtaHvIS Qanqor, ghaH vIlegh.

> If instead I say:
>
> tlhutlh Qanqor qachDaq 'e' vIlegh.

or, simply, qachDaq Qanqor vIlegh....

> then I'm just saying that I'm in a bar and I'm seeing
... Krankor.

> [more]
>
> Obviously, someone will disagree, simply because I said it.
I'm not that someone (this time :)

now, what about qachDaq tlhutlhbogh Qanqor vIlegh...

frantically trying to put the lid back on...

                                           Marc Ruehlaender
                                           aka HomDoq
                                           [email protected]

Back to archive top level