tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 08 08:49:33 1999

Re: Closed Captioning

Qel charlIS puqloD wrote:

: the Hol wrong, I would like to point out that there are a couple of
: "cute" bits of dialogue that shows up in the closed captions that you
: might have missed without it.  [...]  The second one
: occurs on the Barge of the Dead (I beleive it was when B'Elanna makes
: her first trip there). Among the things being said as background voices
: is a voice that says {nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'}.

I just had a thought... Since the phrase and its translation are listed in TKD,
I wonder if this was an inside joke about the absence of bathrooms in Star
Trek?  After B'Elanna returned to Voyager, she said that the "hallucination"
felt so real, she even felt seasick.  Even in the afterlife, you can't find a
bathroom when you need one!

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons