tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 29 22:27:14 1999

Re: KLBC: <Las Vegas>Daq lengwIj

mu'tlheghmeyvam vImughneS:

ja' pagh:

> After a lovely dinner of qagh and bloodwine, here's how I might respond to
> some typical questions:
>
> nuq DaSop? - qagh vISop.

What did you eat? - I ate gagh.

> jIHvaD Qe' yIchov. - 'ey qagh, 'ach loQ bIrmo' SopwI'pa', nom bIrchoH 'IwHIq.
> nom yItlhutlh.

Evaluate the restaurant for me. - the gagh was delicious, but because the dining
area was a little cold, the blood-wine got cold fast.  Drink quickly.

> wagh'a' 'uQlIj? - ghobe'. wa'maH cha' DarSeq neH poQ jabwI'.

Was your dinner expensive? - No. The waiter asked for only twelve darseks.

> Qe' chu' wIghoS. ghotlhej. - Qo', jupwI'. jISoppu'.

We are going to a new restaurant. Come with us. - I won't, my friend. I have
eaten.

> much Dabejrup'a'? - HIja', bang. jISoppu'mo' ('ej jItlhutlhpu'mo') ghaytan
> jIQongchoH. jIchuSchoHchugh, HIqIp.

Are you ready to watch the presentation ? - Yes, love. I'll probably get sleepy,
because I've eaten (and have drunk.) Hit me if I become noisy.

> > jaHpu' je be'nalwI' puqbe'wI' je.
>
> maj. DutlhejlaHDI' qorDu'lIj, QaQbej wanI'.

Good. It's good when you can be with your family.

> maj. Despite the length of my reply, a good message.

> DaH jIQop. juHwIj vIchegh.

Now I'm worn out. I'm returning to my home.

- tuv'el

Back to archive top level