tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 28 21:53:23 1999

RE: wa'Hu' tIvbej lopno' / KLBC

jatlh pIl'o':

> wa'Hu'  qonwI'pu'  juHDaq  'uQ'a'  vISoppu'.

You certainly completed the act of eating dinner, but do you want that to be
the focus of your message? This is probably better without the <-pu'>.

> HolQeD  ghojmoHwI'  wa'  SopwI'.

I think you mean <HolQeD ghojmoHwI' ghaH wa' SopwI''e'>, or even better
<HolQeD ghojmoH wa' SopwI'>.

> tlhIngan Hol  vuQchoHqu'  ghaH.

<vuQ> means "fascinate", so the object should be <ghaH> and the subject
should be <tlhIngan Hol>.

> *Dr. M.O.  qIHta'neSDI'  wanI'mo'  ghaH vIja'pu'.

I don't understand what you're saying here. Are you saying that you met Dr.
Okrand, or that you friend has met him, or that he wants to? I'm probably
just being dense, but I can't figure this out.

> DaH  Dr. M.O.  Qum  neH  jupwI'.
> chay'  Qum?

jISovbe' jIH.

> SKI: Pillow meets a linguist professor at a poets' party.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level