tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 25 16:52:52 1999

KLBC originally a response to a "mass analysis"

paq, I sent this responce to qa'ral included with an attempt to translate his message--and with his response I now see where I mis-read that sentence but I would like to know if any mistakes were made with the sentences themselves (if you are able to help that is--a post earlier said you were having connection problems)

>(my translation to avoid miscommunications-until Im good enough)
>vIjatlh
(I now know that it would be more <qar> to say jIjatlh instead of  vIjatlh from DujHoD's post since its something Ive already said
>my response to him (to qa'ral)
>bIjatlh ghaj jIH <<qajunpaQ>>
>-->you said I show audacity
>bIlugh 'a tlhIngan jIHqu' 'e' bIlugh bISovmoH meq
>-->you are right but the reason you are is....I'M A KLINGON !!!
>butlh vIghaj 'e' vISov jIH 'ej vaj tiq
>-->I know I have dirt under my fingernails (gall) and the heart of a
>-->warrior
>'a.....qatlh <<qaDwI'vam>> mu' chojatlh SoH?
>-->but.....why did you say the word <<qaDwI'vam>>?
>    did you mean--> *this challenge of mine*? or *this my challenge*?
>tugh lugh vIneH jIH vaj <<qaDlI'vam>> DaHech SoH
>-->I want to be right, so... did you intend <<qaDlI'vam>>
(as I said I now know what was meant from qa'ral but
  paq....please criticize my sentences
(one question....in 4 places I put a pronoun where there was a verb prefix stating the same thing for example-<vIneH jIH>,<DaHech SoH>,
<chojatlh SoH>, and vISov jIH>  do they belong there or is this redundancy only used when Im also using the pronoun as a "to be" pronoun?--(Ive seen this done before in some of the digests Ive been "mass translating")

(as I said I now know what was meant from qa'ral but
  paq....please criticize my sentences
   qa'ral thank you for your response I learned quite a bit

and PS--sorry I didnt mean to send that message twice--it can be annoying if someone does that a lot

          chavta'ngav

Back to archive top level