tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 23 21:58:20 1999

Re: cardinal directions

ja' "Mark E. Shoulson":

> >Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 09:28:04 -0600
> >From: Terrence Donnelly <[email protected]>
> >
> >If you put <chan> at the top of your map, then the compass
> >rose for the three cardinal points looks remarkably like the
> >Klingon trefoil!
>
> I truly doubt that was a coincidence.
>
> Actually, I rolled my eyes at this chan/'ev/tIng thing.  OK, Klingons like
> threes, we get the picture, but that doesn't mean they're OBSSESSED with
> the number!  We like tens, but we still have four cardinal directions,

I'm sure this will raise a few eyebrows, but I like the idea of tIng 'ev as
west, 'ev chan 'ev as north (97.5 deg from east), and tIng chan tIng as south
(262.5 deg from east.)  Silly humans are obsessed with even numbers.

- tuv'el

Back to archive top level