tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 22 15:53:02 1999

Re: *Egypt* Hol navmey

jIjatlh:
>>vay' vIjatlhlI'.
>:jatlh vay'
>I was just referring to the standard O-V-S sentence
>structure. If quotes were direct objects (as I though
>they were), then the quote would have to precede
>the {jatlh vay'}. Of course, since I now know that quotes
>*aren't* direct objects, my point was meaningless.

jang *pagh:
>you do bring up an interesting point. If
>written Klingon does have punctuation (of which we have no evidence), where
>does it go? Something to speculate on.

I suspect they probably have at least commas and periods, but I doubt the
existence of colons. We don't use them a whole lot in English. I suspect it
also lacks the semicolon, the dash, the ellipsis, and the apostrophe. They
may have parentheses and quotation marks. As for end punctuation, they may
have the same mark to be equivalent to the period, the question mark, and the
exclamation point. Of course, all of this is pure speculation.

jIjatlh:
>My next challenge: Trying to get used to saying {jIjatlh}
>instead of {vIjatlh}.  ;-)

jang *pagh:
>bIQapjaj!

Do' choqawmoH. QInvamDaq tlhoS jIlIj!