tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 22 06:47:20 1999

now KLBC Re: A joke...hope I did this right...

>Last time it took a long time to get a reply, it was because I had not
>translated well. I'm assuming that the reason is the same this time. I'm
>again including the original English, so that I can learn from the experience.

Dude, sometimes it takes more than one or two days to get a response.
Grammarian is a volunteer position, not a full time job.  You did not put
KLBC in your subject, but because you are apparently new here I changed this
to a KLBC and we will let the BG handle this; but the BG might be busy so
you may not get an immediate response.

While a beginner you should always include the english, just in case.

DloraH

>voDleHvaD ja' ra'wI'.
>( A commander reports to his Emperor.)
>
>"maQojchu''a' ?", tlhob voDleH.
>(The Emperor asks, "How goes the war?" (I used "Do we wage war perfectly?")
>
>jangta' ra'wI', "joHwI', SoHvaD jImeQta' jIcharghta' je'. HuDmey SepDaq
>jaghpu'lI' vengHommey vIpejta'."
>("My Lord, I have burned and have conquered in your name. I have destroyed
>the towns of your enemies near the mountains.", the commander replied.)
>
>qaghta' voDleH, " HuDmey Sepmo' jaghpu' vIghaj 'e' vISovbe' !"
>("I did not know that I had enemies from the region of the mountains", the
>Emperor interrupted.)
>
>nom Qubta' ra'wI', vaj jangta' ra'wI', " joHwI', yISaHbe'. jagh chu' chaHnIS.
>nom DIQaw'laH !"
>(The commander thought quickly, then he answered, "My lord, do not be
>concerned. They must be...new enemies. We will defeat them quickly!".)
>
>There are some questions which I'd like answered. What is the convention on
>the list for direct quotations? For inserting the Terran form of an unknown
>word? And what were the worst errors in this attempt?
>
>juDmoS

Back to archive top level