tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 20 21:57:27 1999

Re: *Egypt* Hol navmey

ja'pu' DujHoD:
>bep SuStel

ja' SuStel:
>jIbepbe'.  jIjaw neH.  rut jIjatlhmeH jIjatlh.  lajluH'a'?

ja'qa' DujHoD:
>{bep} means "complain, object, gripe." I only meant "object."

You can't just pick one of the words given in the English description
as the one you mean.  When you use the Klingon word {bep}, you've got
to expect people to understand it as "complain, object, gripe".

> I didn't mean
>to imply that you were whining for no reason. (For that, I might have used
>{vIng} :-)  )

You did imply that he was complaining.  Maybe you thought he had a
reason, maybe not.  But the way *I* read it, he was making a simple
comment, not an objection.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level