tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 18 05:47:44 1999

Re: Klingon WOTD: baj (v)

jatlh Voragh:
> For some reason, even after going into such detail in the Dictionary,
> Okrand took an intense dislike to {net} and has never used it again in any
> other source AFAIK.  This prejudice explains the frequent use of {'e'}
even
> where the grammar is unusual, even controversial.

Intense dislike?  I doubt it.  Here we simply have a logical case of Okrand
forgetting exactly how {net} works.  He's not trying to demonstrate actual
Klingon usage (though, if he's cornered, he'll explain it away as something
like that).  He just goofed.  A lot.  Many other students of Klingon make
the same mistake many times before figuring it out.  Remember, Okrand is no
expert Klingon speaker!

SuStel
Stardate 99881.1

Back to archive top level