tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 17 10:22:16 1999

Re: transitive verbs

Alan Anderson wrote:

> ja' Ben (DraQoS):
> >And probably remind too many potential readers of all those
> >teachers they hated. :)
>
> ghojmoHwI'lI' DamuSpu''a'?  toH, chaq ghu' QIj ngoDvetlh.
> SoHvaD ghojmoHwI' DIqawmoHlaw'.  maH jumuSruplaw' je.
>
> -- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

You trying to psychoanalyze me? :)

Hawking's publisher told Steven that for every equation he
put in his book, it would cut sales in half. He sold more
books about physics than Madonna did about sex. He has often
joked about how big the sales of "A Brief History of Time"
would have been if he had left out E=mc^2.

Would a more technical discussion of transitive and
intransitive verbs have increased or hurt Okrand's sales?
While there are many of us that would be more happy, I have
doubts as to whether our buying alone would have made TKD
the hit it is.

Ben (DraQoS)

Back to archive top level