tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 14 10:02:00 1999

Re: tlhIngan irc chat room

I don't use mIRC myself ,but you can download it from any number of sites
on the web..just do a search under mIRC for the latest version.
There is alot of info on how to set it up ,once it's installed. I have
those instructions and have helped several crewmates set up their programs
,over the phone. I don't even use Windows 95/98 .. I"m on unix text only.
It's very easy to do .. anyone can e-mail me for help. Once you set it up
, and that only takes less than 10 minutes,,you are set! And don't forget
that you can even telnet in  and use the ircII program there. The only
commands you need for that are  :
/nick (pick a nickname) ,hit enter
/join #tlhIngan ,hit Enter

and type like you would chat, it's simple.

Lt.Commander Maud Freifelder /Lt.Commander malqa
Chief Security Officer /Chief of Cadet Corps.
USS Triumph NCC-26228/R2/ Starfleet (Triumph Against All Odds)
jIjatlhpa' jatlh Hovmey (The stars will talk before I will)
*learn the klingon language on irc at klingon.dhs.org(/join #tlhIngan)*
*join the VoyagerChat list on Onelist.com*

On Sun, 14 Nov 1999, Steven Boozer wrote:

> malqa wrote:
>
> : But klingon.dhs.org is set up already .. and has telnet access right into
> : the server. What more can you ask for ?
> : Why go somewhere else and have to make private rooms,when it's already
> : done on  klingon.dhs.org already.
> : I don't see why we should be talking about moving to another server,when
> : not many folks from the list are even coming yet. Come on folks.. check it
> : out !
>
> So how does one "check it out"?  What software is required for a Pentium II
> with Windows 98, and where can it be obtained?  How do you install and use
> it to contact klingon.dhs.org once downloaded?
>
> 'ej nuq 'oS <irc>'e' jay'?
>

> --
> Voragh
> Ca'Non Master of the Klingons