tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 12 04:52:38 1999

Re: tlhIngan irc chat room

If this channel goes to larger server then I probably will cease to come .
As a beginner I enjoy having a closed (small) server that only folks who
are really interested in learning/speaking tlhIngan Hol come to . Most of
the time now, I can't follow what is being said .But I have learned alot
in one week. I fear that lamers who either only want to make trouble for
those in the channel or want to make fun of us trying to learn will show
up if this channel goes broader. *Lessons* will probably go out the
window. And if the channel op's are not there.. as they aren't all the
time, the potenetial for outside problems grows. There are already many
klingon type channels on irc. On the fleetchat.org server , a new one,
there is Qo'noS . This server ,like klingon.dhs.org is very new and very
small and only those really interested know of it ,and there are no
outside problems . Perhaps in the future is enough people come to
klingon.dhs.org there can be several channels, one for general chat, one
for beginners, and one for advanced and one just to chat about klingon
culture. I rather like the idea of a klingon based server myself.
Respectfully,
Lt.Commander Maud Freifelder /Lt.Commander malqa
Chief Security Officer /Chief of Cadet Corps.
USS Triumph NCC-26228/R2/ Starfleet
(Triumph Against All Odds)

jIjatlhpa' jatlh Hovmey (The stars will talk before I will)

On 12 Nov 1999, Mark E. Shoulson wrote:

> >Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 16:03:28 -0500 (EST)
> >From: malqa <[email protected]>
> >
> >The server name is klingon.dhs.org ... the channel name is #tlhIngan
>
> So... why don't we take this show on the road?  I mean, set up #tlhIngan on
> some wider network/server like DALnet or something?  Might get us a little
> more exposure, we could look for channels like #startrek or #klingon and
> troll for other interested folks...  Sound worthwhile?  Might be good.
>
> ~mark

Back to archive top level