tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 09 17:17:09 1999

Re: [KLBC] jIHeDta'

----- Original Message -----
From: Andeen, Eric <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: 09 November 1999 19:44
Subject: RE: [KLBC] jIHeDta'

> jatlh 'oghwI':

> jIjangmeH jIjatlh:
> >> qatlh bIHeDnIS? may'Daq bIQapbe'chu'lI''a'?
>
> > vIHechbe' HeD, vIHech chegh.  :)
> > (I'm not sure if this is correct, I'm not to sure
> > if it is Subject or Object)
>
> The subject is the thing doing the action - you. The object is the
thing the
> action is done to.

Ah, right, I think I remember that now.  My English lessons were never
that good, and so I'm using Klingon to help me understand my own
language better.  Doesn't help that I'm slightly dyslexic :) (The
spell checker is your friend)

> > Yes, that's what I thought I had said here.  I like to show the
> > thought process, it's easier to see where you go along the
incorrect
> > path that way.
>
> maj. Looks like it works.

jIghojtaH.

How would I express: I've been doing <something>, I've stopped now but
I will continue later.

This has been annoying me fir the last few days.

Thanks.

'oghwI'

Back to archive top level