tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 07 11:15:14 1999

Re: Okrand on {'aD} and {'ab}

Holtej wrote:

: I have a note in my canon database that Okrand comented on {'aD} and {'ab}
: on the old MSN newsgroup, but I don't have most of the text of what he said.
: Does anyone else have this?  My notes indicate that it was on 10/22, but I
: don't know what year. It starts off with,
:
: "There are two words used for length: {'aD}  and {'ab}.  Both of these can
: be translated "have a length of," but they are used  somewhat differently."
:
: Anyone?  Voragh?

Here's the relevant part of Okrand's 10/22/97 post on weights and measures: