tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 05 15:51:42 1999

Re: And then...? And then...? (And then along came Jones...) - For MO

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999 16:41:30 -0500 Alan Anderson
<[email protected]> wrote:

> ja' ~mark:
> >*ping* and an adverb for "finally"!  Though so far only for finally in the
> >sense of "it happened after a long expectation, after being considered
> >late" and not "at the end of the story, when all is/was said and done."
>
> Right.  We don't obviously have anything like ordinal adverbials, though
> this would have been a good opportunity for having them explained to us
> if they do exist.  Not that I'm complaining!  {rutlh} alone is enough of
> an unexpected treat.

Surely, there is some historical Ruth associated with wheels. I
would have expected something like {vana'}, but I guess Okrand
thought that would be too obvious.

What was the name of that woman champion dragster depicted in
the true-life story made into a movie "Heart Like a Wheel"?
Great movie, by the way. Highly recommended.

> -- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

charghwI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level