tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 28 19:23:38 1999

RE: KLBC

jatlh qa'ral:

> HIjang je:
> 1) mojaq /-ghach/ vISovbe'.  chay' lo'lu'?

pIjHa' lo'lu'. <-ghach> is a very specialized suffix, and should usually be
avoided. I've found about three occasions to use it the whole time I've been
speaking tlhIngan Hol.

<-ghach> turns a verb (almost always with additional suffixes) into a noun.
Since Klingon works far better when focused on verbs, it is rarely useful to
turn a verb into a noun.

> 4) mu'tlheghDaq chay' cha' wot tlhejchuglaH?  vIlaD:
> "be'etor chopong vIchaw"

nuqDaq DalaD?

This is not a good example to follow. In addition to the missing <'> on
<chaw'>, this sentence is obviously missing an <'e'>.

> 'ej "Daqvam vISuch 'e' vInID".

This is a much better example.

> lugh muj qoj choja' vIneH!

Sentence conjunctions (<pagh>, <qoj>, and <'ej>) go between the things they
join. Klingon also has two "or" forms, and this is the place for the
exclusive one (either/or) and not the inclusive one (and/or). Something can
be right or wrong, but it cannot be both:

lugh pagh muj ...

'ej DaH qaja': muj mu'tlhegh wa'DIch. lugh mu'tlhegh cha'DIch.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ