tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 24 15:03:48 1999

Re: SachtaH Holmaj!

In a message dated 5/13/1999 9:47:35 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< I think that peHruS is confused by the phrase {jatlhmeH mIwmey} "speaking
 procedures".  The plural noun {mIwmey} is not the subject of the dependent
 verb {jatlh} but the plural object of the main verb {qel}.  >>
peHruS would like to have been reading mIwmey as only the object of the verb
qel all along.  But, I recall several accusations aimed at me about not
including a head noun to a dependent clause.  So, I indirectly questioned
what the head noun would be if not mIwmey in a double role.

peHruS

Back to archive top level