tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 24 14:59:22 1999

Re: SachtaH Holmaj!

In a message dated 5/13/1999 6:04:47 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< Suppose I am a Klingon.  I point to a picture of a
 tribble, and I say {yIH vIpar}.  Simple enough.  That tribble invokes in
 me the feeling of {par}.  I {par} the tribble.

 Now, I look at a picture of a chocolate bar.  That particular image
 invokes in me what I consider to be exactly the opposite of {par}.  I
 "opposite of {par}" the chocolate.  Thus, I {parHa'} the chocolate.  {yuch
 vIparHa'}.  This feeling is the opposite, reverse of {par}.  It is thought
 of by Klingons by referencing the feeling of {par}. >>
bIQIjmeH mIwvam vIparHa'qu'.  qatlho'.

peHruS

Back to archive top level