tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 24 12:59:59 1999

Verbs of thinking

We've had discussion of verbs of saying, but I'm wondering about the correct usage of
verbs of thinking.  To say "the captain yelled, 'stop'", one would write {jach HoD, jatlh
"mev"} or some such.  But how would one convey "the captain thought, 'stop'", when there's
no speaking going on?  Probably this applies to {SIv} as well.

It may be that this is answered in last December's HolQeD, but I don't have it here with
me, and I don't recall.

-- Holtej

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ