tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 24 10:42:51 1999

RE: the tlhIngan-Hol mailing list (was Re: first post)

> On maybe a diffrent note:
>
> The listserver rejects all my unsubscribe (or other) requests, as it thinks
> 'This is a multi-part message in Mime format' is a command.
>
> I use Outlook Express, and I don't know how to stop it saying this so......

The problem is that you're sending your message as something other than plaintext; either
HTML, RichText, or whatever.  The first line of your message to the listserv needs to be
the command (unsub, whatever), but it's not, it's the mime info, which is why the listserv
is confused.

To fix this, configure OE to send using plain text.  Tools -> Options -> Send -> Send
using plain text.

If anyone has any further questions about sending commands to the listserv, please contact
me directly.  Otherwise, you should write your message to this list in Klingon.  :)

> Confused Neil.

-- Holtej 'utlh, List Admin

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ