tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 21 17:59:24 1999

RE: naj

jatlh DloraH:

> [blah blah blah...
> ramjep vem, vaj Hu',
> 'ej jupDajvaD jatlh,
> < jupwI', jInajpu'.
> jInajtaHvIS ghu'mo' 'anglu'bogh jIbItqu'! >
> ..]

> Does this make sense and is it allowed?

The <ghu'mo' 'anglu'bogh> threw me at first, but it probably should not
have. It does certainly make sense. It *seems* legal, although I can't say
for sure. <ghu'mo'> is obviously the head noun of the relative clause. The
problem is whether a the head noun can have a <-mo'> on it, especially as
the object of the clause. I think it probably can.

> next:

> naj is verb only.
> I'm looking for ideas for expressing "I had a third dream".

cha'logh jInajpu'. jInajqa'.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ