tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 12 21:26:10 1999

Re: SachtaH Holmaj!

qa'ral wrote:

>My only point is that if /vIparHa'/ is the simplest and most natural way of
>saying *I like it* in Klingon [...]

Not necessarily.  For some reason, people always forget about {bel} "be
pleased" and {belmoH} "please (someone)".  Remember the scene with the amorous
Klingon in PK:

  qabelmoH'a'?
  Do I please you? (i.e. "Do you like me?")

>then how would you translate *I like gagh*?

  mubelmoH qagh.
  Gagh pleases me.
  Mne nravitsya gakh.  (for qa'ral and the other Russian-speakers)

or a bit fancier:

 qagh'mo' jIbel.
 I'm pleased with the gagh. ("Due to the gagh, I am pleased.")

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level