tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 13 12:27:26 1999

Re: SachtaH Holmaj!

On Wed, 12 May 1999, Steven Boozer wrote:
> >then how would you translate *I like gagh*?
>
>   mubelmoH qagh.
>   Gagh pleases me.
>   Mne nravitsya gakh.  (for qa'ral and the other Russian-speakers)
>
> or a bit fancier:
>
>  qagh'mo' jIbel.
>  I'm pleased with the gagh. ("Due to the gagh, I am pleased.")
>
> --
> Voragh
> Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

I agree with Voragh, this *is* the simplest way to say "I like gagh."

Oddly enough, even though my native tongue is English, I *always*
understood the phrase "I like you" to mean "You please me (in some
fastion)" similar to the Spanish construction "Me gusta."

quljIb

Back to archive top level