tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 03 09:57:23 1999

Re: Kahless

On Mon, 3 May 1999, Jeffrey P Morgan wrote:

> > defining feature.  The early description of Romulans comes much closer to
> > what the Klingons eventually turned into.
> >
> > -- ghunchu'wI'
> >

> And vice-versa. How ironic...
>
> ~Jeffrey

As I recall, the Romulans represented the Soviets and the Klingons stood
in for Communist China. The switch occured in STVI:The Undiscovered
Country. Praxis goes up in a Chernobyl-esque blast, and a period of
{ghIlaSnoS} opens up between the Federation and the Empire. Interestingly,
Spock makes wry mention of the fact that "...only Nixon could go to
China."

quljIb

Back to archive top level