tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 31 11:32:23 1999

Re: loQ jIrop

>>I'm curious if anyone else had difficulty understanding this.
>>cha'leS wa'ben bangwI' vItlhejchoH. I began to accompany my
>>love a year ago two days from now. Is it really that odd?
>>

>I must admit I originally read it as {wa'ben bangwI'} "my one-year
>lover" (like the {cha'vatlh ben HIq} example from the tapes).
>So, I understood the sentence to read "The day after tomorrow,
>I'll begin to accompany my lover of one year".

I understood it on the first pass.
Yes, I also thought of "The day after tomorrow, I'll begin to accompany my
lover of one year" (like the {cha'vatlh ben HIq}.  To me this has the same
end result as "a year ago, the day after tomorrow".

DloraH

Back to archive top level