tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 30 09:18:58 1999

Re: nuqneH

Williamson schrieb:

> I'm quite new to Klingon and I'd appreciate some help.
(I'll skip this  part, because that's the BG's job ;-)

> I've got a klingon translater (mu'haqwi') on my Mac but I assume that
(Another job for the BG.)

> that'd be more of a hinderence to learning the klingon hol' than a help.
(But I'd like to say something to this!)
   Of course it's better to learn the words yourself instead of *always*
using a translation program. But if you will try to translate longer
sentences, you might notice how awful it can be to first look into TKD,
then into KGT, then perhabs searching the web for new words...
Especially when you need to look up longer sentences, just while trying
to understand the grammar of it. I have been using Holtej's pojwI' for a
long time (even the DOS-only version), but only the dictionary part of
it. After a while, when I wanted a klingon word, I remembered *where* I
had seen it, because pojwI' usually shows more than one translation.
Like this I can translate the sentences pretty fast, and I learn the
words without any pressure. And besides of that, words are sometimes
unimportant if you want to analyze the function of a sentence (everyone
will be able to find the verb in a nonsense sentece like "Your blord
kerps my fajro." :-)

Of course, this is just my opinion.

Okay, then.
  Bye,