tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 26 01:30:55 1999

Re: qama'

In a message dated 3/21/1999 9:50:12 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< {loD leghlu'} actually has four elements:  obejct, pronominal prefix, verb,
  and a verb suffix.  The suffix indicates "indefinite subject"; but, there is
  no subject in the Klingon sentence.

 The subject is there!  It is indefinite!  chomoghmoH!  yIyajchu': A subject
 and an object are indicated by moHaqmey when there is an appropriate prefix,
 but when there isn't, they are indicated by nouns.  Got it? >>
==================
reH bIyajlaHbe' 'e' vItlhojchu'.  The pronominal indication of subject of the
sentence is not the subject, I say again.  I am aware it is not.  You aren't
getting it.  You are saying that the marker infixed into the verb is the
subject.  I respectfully disagree.  Earlier you implied we should not be
looking at other languages to understand better how Klingon works.  Again, I
disagree.  Really disagree.  Only by understanding MO's terms when he gives us
Klingon grammar rules can we correctly use Klingon.

Here's is what I "got":  In order to understand Klingon more deeply, I look at
many languages and see how the terms I read in TKD are used.  pab mu'mey
Dayajqangbe'chugh, vaj tlhIngan Hol Dalo'Ha'bej.

peHruS

Back to archive top level