tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 23 20:27:59 1999

Re: jIHaDtaH again

In a message dated 3/23/99 10:51:24 PM Eastern Standard Time, [email protected]
writes:

<< Are my questions so stupid you will not respond?

 >Here are my last batch of question again

 >I am working but I don't have any direction
 jIvumtaH 'ach ra' vIghajbe"

 >*ra'* vIlo' 'ach jIlughbe'
 *ra'* I am not correct in how I use this

 >other questions

> vay' 'e' Duja'nIS
 He needs to tell you something.

No need to have 'e' here - vay' Duja'nIS is alright/

 >Is the use the *'e'* proper is the meaning changed by eliminating it

> jIHDaq jatlh neH
 He wants to speak to me.

I don't know how -Daq is translated here, but try these phrases out:

mujatlh neH
 or
mujatlh neH ghaH

He wants to talk to me.

> What if I want more of something?  Getting out of my English way of thinking
 I have come up with these examples.

 >Soj vIneH
 I want food

 >Soj chonob
 Give me food.

Here's a place for the imperative - a good wy to put it would be:
Soj HInob - or - jIHvaD Soj yInob.

 >Or how about this

> De' taH chonob
 Keep giving me information

Here's a place for the imperative - jIHvaD De' yInobtaH - or - De' HInobtaH
(to use the prefix shortcut).  Here you are ordering someone to continue
giving information, so the continuous sounds best here to me.

> De' chonobtaH
 you are giving me information. (Just a thought)

> Hol ghojtaH ngeDbe' 'ach jISIQqang
 Learning the Language is not easy but I am willing to endure it.

I'd put it like Klaa did in STV - Hol ghojmeH Qatlh, 'ach jISIQqang.

>Qapla'

> Tony

T'Lod

Back to archive top level