tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 22 17:51:48 1999

Re: Klingon Progeny and Brotherhood

ja' quljIb:
>??? You lost me again. TKD lists {qoch} as meaning partner, but I can find
>neither {maqoch} or {chaj}.

maqoch (n) "buddy, pal, close male friend of a male" (KGT}
chaj (n) "close female friend of a female" (KGT)

It looks like you're studying the language seriously enough to need a copy
of Klingon for the Galactic Traveler.  It has a couple of dozen pages of
vocabulary presented as an addendum to the dictionary.  The book has been
available since 1997, long enough that most of the "fluent" folks on the
list use its words without giving them a second thought.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level