tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 22 11:54:15 1999

RE: vavwI'

jatlh quljIb:

> ... At any rate here's the corrected post:
>
> *America*Daq no'chaj lutmey Sovbe' ghotpu'.
> no'chaj pongmey'e' Sovbe'bogh nuvpu' puS.

jIjatlh:
> Why did you add a <-bogh> here? The sentence is fine without it. With it,
> it's not a sentence :)

jatlh quljIb:
> I see my mistake. I ment to write {Sovbe' puSbogh nuvpu'}.

That would have been fine, but the <-bogh> is unnecessary here. It's like
the difference between "the children who are hungry" and "the hungry
children". The former is longer and more deliberate, and might be used in
some context when the author was trying to make a point. The latter is
simpler and would overwhelmingly be used in conversation. They both mean the
same thing.

... Sovbe' nuvpu' puS.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian