tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 20 06:09:30 1999

Re: qama'

quljIb wrote:
> Is it just me, or is there some significance in the fact that all the
> "verbs of speaking" begin with "ja"?
I don't know why, but it's true.
Read KGT page 30. MO names {jat} as slang for "mumble". Others are ja',
jatlh,  jach, and jaw I remeber.

> While were at it, anyone else notice
> that more oft than not, words begining with "tlh" have to do in some way
> with air or breathing?
The sound {tlh} needs a little breath behind it.

> tlhuH  - breath, breathe
> tlhutlh- drink
They're puns.
These two are sound-describing words (there's aspecial term for it, but
I don't remember it.) tlhutlh is the sound being made whil drinking
(germans say "Gluck-Gluck" for the sound of it), and tlhuH is the sound
made when breathing.

muHwI'

Back to archive top level