tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 19 16:06:12 1999

Re: qama'

ja' T'Lod:
>In KGT, there is also jach (yell) and jat (mumble) on page 30 along with jatlh
>and ja'.  How should these words be treated?

These words should be treated with caution. :-)

Verbs of saying are not perfectly understood at the moment.  We're working
our way through the issue, trying to reconcile some explicit statements by
Okrand in an interview with somewhat contradictory examples, with some very
strongly held opinions making their appearance on occasion.

To be completely safe and uncontroversial, you should probably limit your
use of verbs of saying to {jatlh} and {ja'} (though TKD does include "ask"
in its mention of them on page 67 and {tlhob} is used as one in the vaS'a'
joke).

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level