tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 17 19:19:22 1999

Re: tlhIngan weights and measures (speculation)

>Linear Measure:
>
>'uj    - approx. 35 cm
>'uj'a' - 9 'ujmey (315 cm)
>[The average distance of a Klingon stride comes close to 35 cm.]

With the measurements on the BoP poster we can get a more precise 34.83 cm
(making an 'uj'a' - 313.47 cm)
for a handy, quick conversion chart, explore my webpage  :)
www2.rpa.net/~cheesbro

>Speaking of commerce, what weights and values do Klingons use in thie
>monetary system? (Assuming they have one; <Huch> is translated in TKD as
>'money', but the meaning is probably something closer to 'wealth'.) We
>know from _Kahless_ that land was condidered a form of property. And the
>Da'har Master mentioned that "Kahless himself used [his sword] to plow his
>father's fields." (ST:DS9) Herd animals were - and likely still are-
>considered a form of wealth.

We have a word for wealth (n) - mIp
We also have:
DeQ - credit (monetary unit) (n)