tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 16 14:06:02 1999

Re: New Dictionary

Okrand had a chance to put out a "new dictionary" with Klingon
for the Galactic Traveler. The publisher was apparently
disinterested. They seem to like addendums and addendums
addendums. Okrand's pattern has been to give us new examples of
usage and put out other books relating to the language, but not
a rewrite of the basic dictionary itself. Why write a new
dictionary while the old one is still selling?

When he did the second edition of the dictionary, the publisher
refused his request of updating the word list. They didn't want
the expense of making up new plates. It was cheaper to add new
text to the end of the old dictionary. That's why TKD is in its
current form.

I'd be delighted and totally surprised if Simon & Schuster put
out a new dictionary.

charghwI' 'utlh

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999 13:36:42 -0800 (PST) "Susan B. Farmer"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I had an off-list friend ask me if there were any plans for a New
> Dictionary.  I told her not that I knew of; but that I would query
> the list.  Are there?
>
> qathlo'
>
> tevram

Back to archive top level