tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 13 01:27:10 1999

Re: mu'mey Dajqu'

[email protected] wrote:
> << ..and of course everyone knows the pun behind {char} ;-D >>
> And that would be what exactly?
It's not really a pun.
I'm just teasing W. H. Martin because of his reaction when this word was
new from KGT.
;-)

> chechtlhutlh - from the verbs "be drunk" and "drink," but I still don't see
> what's funny about it.
{chechtlhutlh} is some klingon beverage. I believe it's fun speaking
Klingon when you're drunk, especially this word {chechtlhutlh} which is
not very easy to pronounce. This one isn't a pun either, but there is
some kind of joke behind it.

Qapla'
Quvar muHwI'

Back to archive top level