tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 12 21:49:57 1999

KLingon Strike Force KLBC

> > jatlh Liam Boyle:

> > > what would klingon strike force be? would it be
> > > tlhIngan mup raD
> >
> > Not quite. <mup> and <raD> are both verbs, so they don't make any
> sense
> > here. Depending on what sort of strike force you're talking about, I
> would
> > probably say something like <tlhIngan may'Duj ghom> - Klingon
> battleship
> > group; <tlhIngan yot yo'> - Klingon invasion fleet; <tlhIngan HIvwI'
> > nawlogh> - Klingon attack squadron.

Savan tlInganpu' juppu' je!

Liam, good to see you here!

Pagh, thank you for your suggestions to translate "Klingon Strike
Force".
I am head of the KSF, a correspondence and roleplaying Klingon club.
Several of us are KLI members.  I was advised once to translate it as
"tlhIngan Hivbeq", using <beq> in the same sense as Okrand used it for
"Klingon Defense Force" in the dictionary, i.e. <tlhIngan Hubbeq>.
Someone here on the list once gave that same suggestion.  I think it
might have been the BG of that time.

I've wondered if there is an official or standard translation for
"Klingon Assault Group", as it could be translated with the same words?
I've seen someone, I think Bill Wilmerdinger, use something different.

Your three translations are good but aren't as close a translation as
we'd like.

FAdm. K'zhen epetai-Zu-Merz
Klingon Strike Force Command

I chose my name before I ever got into tlhIngan Hol...)

> > pagh
> > Beginners' Grammarian

K'Zhen

Back to archive top level