tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 04 17:34:04 1999

RE: Definition of Aspect

> Thank you, Holtej.  I made an honest mistake regarding your name.  I will
> observe your wishes.

It's a common mistake, and I can't blame anyone for it.  I named my son
"Alec."

> I do not like your tone in the following sentence, however:
>
> > I'm glad you found it; you should also read it.

My tone is one of frustration.  I explained clearly in the first post that
my FAQ contained posts from other people, including the one from
ghunchu'wI'.  The FAQ which you found also explains this clearly.  It's not
that I'm all that upset that you had apparently not read it; it's just that
you seem not to read the things that are relevant before sending posts to
the list.  If you had read my letter, or the FAQ, you would have discovered
the article on tense and aspect, and would not have needed to write to the
list complaining that you couldn't find the FAQ.  If you're going to ask for
stuff but then not read the answer, I wonder why I should even bother
responding at all.

> peHruS

-- Holtej 'utlh

Back to archive top level