tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 04 18:12:52 1999

Re: KLBC : revised bang bom mu'

[email protected] writes:

<< 1) the issue of more than one beneficiary

 > consider the sentence: I made the girl give the knife to the officer.
 > there is one beneficiary of the giving and one beneficiary of the
causation.

 .. which can easily be expressed as two sentences with no  >>

I see only one beneficiary - the officer.  I would like to know how to say it
properly as: I caused the girl to give the knife to the officer.  It could be:

yaSvaD taj nobmeH be'Hom vIra' - I ordered the girl to give the knife to the
officer.  The -meH clause seems to be part of this translation.  If anyone has
a better way of saying this, please do.

T'Lod

Back to archive top level