tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 04 16:09:52 1999

RE: KLBC: Returning. was (Re: KLBC:Eating)

jatlh 'oghwI':

> ok so,

> nIQ vISopmeH jIcheghta'be'

> I will return for breakfast.
> I don't think that's correct I think maybe I should leave off
> the aspect marker.

> nIQ vISopmeH jIchegh.

maj. bIlugh'eghmoHmo' jIbel.

> This aspect thing was nice and clear and simple until I read
> all the arguments.

rut maghoHtaHvIS taghwI'pu' DImISmoHchu'. Do'Ha'bej.

> Would you (or any of the other linguists who read this list)
> suggest any basic books on general linguistics that would be
> a good source of information (For a beginner).

I'm not a linguist, and I don't even play one on TV, so I really can't
comment. Perhaps Holtej or someone else will.

pagh
beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level