tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 27 00:16:26 1999

RE: vIjeylu'be'

jatlh jIH:
>>  I could use opinions from the Peanut Gallery on this matter.
>> [[They have been suspiciously quiet here...
>> ...I thought that this stuff would be torn to pieces by now.]

jatlh charghwI' 'utlh:
> If you want comments from the peanut gallery, edit "KLBC" out of
>  the subject line.
Apologies, my understanding was that the BG only got first crack.
I've seen some people jump the gun anyway.
It's rare that noone

> Also, note that many of us refuse to deal with anything related
> to poetry.
jIyaj 'ej HochHa'.

> Children learning a language don't tend to speak poetry before
> they speak prose and we find it curious that songs and poems are
> so attractive to people who openly confess that they are still
>  very new to this language.

I confess no such thing. Yes, I'm not good at this yet.
I'm not new at all:
I read TKD, cover-to-cover in 1985.
I decided to focus on a few other languages in the intervening
years.
I "got a life", had it, then came back here.
I've lurked and participated on this List since 1994.
I have waited 14 years to try a poem.
I also rode up to qep'a'vaghDIch with you and Holtej.
Qor'etlh _valwI'na'_  'oH pong'e'. jIH choqaw'a'?
{{:-)

Songs, and poems hold special meaning for people.
Art reflects life. The medium is the massage.
Translating them is a natural urge. Get over it.
Next.

> 'ach qa'meH vIghajbe'.roD qechvamvaD <<Qu'>> vIlo'.
> "Duty" ngaS TKD "definition". <<ghIgh>> yIqel je.
I'm firm on Qu'tlhegh. Line or rope work on many levels.
Hey, this _is_ poetry.
{{:-D

qatlho'.
===
Qor'etlh valwI'na', Daq marr tuq, tlhIngan wo' Duj QonoS qa'
qepHom 'utlhHom - Klingon Language Institute.
{qo'mey poSmoH Hol}language opens worlds /
Maybe I'm wrong, but I am always Qor'etlh.
{nuq, vISaH?} - What, me worry? -
{yIn nI' yISIQ 'ej pechep.}
{Qapla' batlh je!}