tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 22 19:12:48 1999

Re: RE: KLBC: summer's in, school's out

Pardon me, but I just can't stop myself from commenting. What
exactly is a correct error? Can you make an error correct? If
so, then I guess that would be a correct error, but somehow, I
think it would be more appropriate to say something like:

rIn DuSaQ vaj ghojwI' Qagh vIQaghHa'moHta'.

Either that, or it would be fine to say {ghojwI' vIlughmoHta'},
since it is the students that one causes to be correct. One
cannot cause an error to be correct, after all, since once it is
correct, it is no longer an error. Right?

I mean, if you are going to pick nits, pick them well.

charghwI' 'utlh

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 21:28:19 -0400 TPO <[email protected]> wrote:

> Now that the grammarian has gone over it...
>
> >rIn DuSaQ vaj ghojwI'Hom vIlughmoHta'.
>
> would one be correcting the student or the student's errors?
>
> I'm am curious about your reasoning for using -Hom ?
>
> rIn DuSaQ vaj ghojwI' Qagh vIlughnISmoHbe'.
>

> DloraH

charghwI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level