tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 11 00:13:39 1999

KLBC ghItlh 'e' bang

I was trying to create pieces to a puzzle, fragments, which when assembled
become a poem.

I think that I kept losing the direction [O-V-S] for these fragments.

Constructive criticism only please. I don't think that outright translations
will help, but suggestions will enable me to find my own way.

qatlho'
Qor'etlh .
the Poem follows:

ghItlh'e' bang tlhIngan
Klingon Love Poetry (the Dauphin)

HurghtaHvIS jIwam,
I hunt in darkness,

Hovmey muDev.
The stars my guide.

bIqawwI' mubomtaHvIS 'IwlIj.
The memory of you sings in my blood.

cha'nob jInIH,
I seize the gift,

QongDaqDaq vIqengmeH,
Carry it to your bower,

'ej tIQDu' jagh vIQot qamDu'rajDaq.
And lay at your feet the hearts of my enemies.

Qor'etlh valwI'na', Duy'a' Daq marr tuq, ta' tlhIngan may' yo'

qepHom 'utlhHom -
Klingon Language Institute /
{qo'mey poSmoH Hol} Language opens worlds.
[ELINT :#17: tlhIngan wo' Duj Qo'noS qa']
Maybe I'm wrong, but I am always Qor'etlh.
{nuq, vISaH?}  What, me worry?-

Back to archive top level